Tips for your GI appointment
To prepare for your appointment, please follow all instructions given to you by your gastroenterologist. If you did not receive any instructions, call your doctor's office. Each procedure requires preparation.
In general, you must:
- Pre-register for your appointment by calling 262-928-4045
- Bring with you a list of all medications you are currently taking
- Bring your inhaler(s) if you have asthma
- Contact your doctor if you are taking any of the following medications:
- Blood thinners (persantine, aspirin, coumadin, Plavix®, ticlid)
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (Advil®, Motrin®, Aleve®, ibuprofen)
- Insulin or hypoglycemia pills
- St. John's Wort (herbal medicine)
- Arrange for a responsible adult to drive you home, as you will still be experiencing the effects of your sedation. You should also have someone monitor you for the rest of the day to report any complications.
- Notify your doctor if you have any difficulty with your preparation.
You should expect to be at the GI Center for about three to four hours. Unfortunately, we are not able to guarantee exact times due to varying procedure lengths and physician availability. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Thank you for choosing ProHealth Care for your GI procedure!