Neuroscience Services known for national excellence and unmatched sophistication
When a health issue involves the brain, spine or nervous system, you don't have to go far to discover the care you and your family require and deserve. ProHealth Care's Neuroscience Services and our affiliated physicians treat neurological issues quickly and compassionately – so you experience award-winning care, close to home.
Using today's advanced technology — including sophisticated imaging systems and robotic-assisted treatments, microsurgical techniques and spinal instrumentation — physician neuroscience specialists will diagnose and treat complex injuries and disorders of the brain, spine and the peripheral nervous system with amazing precision to help you get back to your life.
From lumbar, thoracic and cervical spine surgery to comprehensive stroke care, pain management and care for movement disorders such as Parkinson's disease, ProHealth Care's Neuroscience Services provides you with leading-edge inpatient and outpatient services.
Our team approach
It's our team approach that provides unmatched services and a sophisticated level of care to our community. ProHealth Care has a staff of highly experienced and respected specialists with clinical expertise across a broad range of neurological disorders who stand ready 24/7 at ProHealth Waukesha and ProHealth Oconomowoc Memorial Hospitals. We integrate seamless care for our patients in these medical fields:
- Pain management
Our physician team is complemented by neuroscience certified, highly trained nurses and support staff to care for the special needs of patients with neurological disorders.
Why choose us?
- Neuroscience Services has the services and sophisticated technological capabilities typically limited only to academic medical centers.
- Neurological spine complication rates at ProHealth Care hospitals are lower than the national average with patient satisfaction after spine surgery higher than the national average.
- ProHealth Waukesha Memorial Hospital and ProHealth Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital are accredited by the Joint Commission as Primary Stroke Centers.
- The neuroscience specialists work closely with the ProHealth Care Research Institute. This ensures our patients are treated using the most innovative diagnostic and treatment options.
- The Neuroscience team works in partnership with the ProHealth Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin, a free-standing facility. Collaboration with this hospital ensures that neuroscience patients, such as those recovering from stroke or traumatic brain injury, have all the resources needed to achieve an optimum recovery.
- We also work with ProHealth Cancer Services and the Brain Tumor Treatment and Research Center to provide patients with brain tumors and other neurological cancers with leading-edge, specialized neuro-oncology care.